A good coffee to start the day, nothing like it, right? However, it is known that coffee is not good – in excess – for health. It causes nervousness, restlessness, digestive upset or headaches. Fortunately, there are other natural products to replace it and alleviate these inconveniences.
Some teas do the trick
- Matcha : To obtain this green tea, the leaves of Camellia sinensis are dried and ground. The leaves are eaten whole, which is why it is more concentrated in antioxidants. Moreover, it is good for reducing the risk of high blood pressure, like all green teas. It also helps in losing weight and body fat.
- Chai tea: This black tea is a blend of strong herbs and spices. It contains caffeine, less than coffee, but still. Like green tea, it is made with Camellia sinensis, except black tea is then fermented, which changes it chemically. It is also a good antioxidant.
- Rooibos tea : Originally from South Africa, it does not contain caffeine. It is low in antioxidant tannins, but provides other antioxidants. Sweeter and fruitier, its infusion time is a little longer than that of other teas.
- Chicory: It is the product that most closely resembles coffee. Like the latter, chicory can be roasted and infused. Its taste is similar to that of coffee. Moreover, unlike coffee, it facilitates digestion and helps to develop good bacteria instincts. Dilute 2 tablespoons in 180 ml of water, or adapt according to your tastes. Be careful though, chicory can cause bloating or gas. Similarly, it is to be prohibited if you are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Lemon water: And why not completely change your habits? Lemon water contains no caffeine or calories. On the other hand, it is loaded with vitamin C and is an excellent antioxidant. In addition, lemon helps in the creation of collagen.