- ⏰ 32 mins ago
- Julian Russo
It was a request that had been around for a very long time in the developer community, Apple has finally responded favorably to simplifying the transfer of applications from one developer account to another. As the Apple Developer website explains, the process has become child’s play!
Apps that use iCloud can be transferred more easily
Good news for developers in the Apple ecosystem, the Californian giant now offers a procedure simplified in case you want to transfer an app that uses iCloud. This type of situation can be common when a company uses a development company, pays for the app and then decides to change the company for future updates of its application.
Here is what Apple explains:
You transfer an app when you’ve sold it to another developer or when you want to move it to another App Store Connect account or organization.
You can transfer ownership of an app to another developer without removing it from the App Store. The app retains its reviews and ratings during and after the transfer and users continue to have access to future updates. Also, when an app is uploaded, it retains its bundle ID – it’s not possible to update the bundle ID after a build has been uploaded for the app.
Conditions must be respected
Apple is implementing several terms for developers who wish to transfer their apps from one account to another, here are the criteria imposed:
- The assignor and recipient accounts cannot be in a pending or changing state, and the latest version of their paid and free agreements in the Agreements, Tax and Banking section must be accepted.
- The app must have had at least one version that was released on the App Store.
- The application must have one of the application statuses:
– Ready for sale
– Prepare for submission
– Ready for revision
– Developer removed from sale
– Invalid Binary
– Developer Rejected
- In-app purchase products can have one of the following statuses:
– Ready to submit
– Developer removed from sale
- In-app purchase product IDs on the app may not be the same as product IDs on the recipient’s account apps.
- TestFlight beta testing should be disabled for all beta versions of the app. You must delete all builds and testers of the app you wish to transfer and clear each information field under Testing Information.
- All Xcode Cloud-related data from the app you want to transfer should be deleted. Delete all Xcode Cloud data from Settings under the Xcode Cloud tab of App Store Connect.
- Sandboxed Mac apps that share the app group’s container directory with other Mac apps can’t be transferred.
Once the conditions have been met, the developer is invited to to safeguard all the information of the application, to initiate application transfer then to accept the transfer to the developer account that receives the app.
Last point, Apple announces that the KVS identifiers associated with the app, user data and iCloud content will also be transferred.